Beauty Blog, News and Reviews, Beauty Box Reviews and Product Testing.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

We Love Glamour!!

 

 
 
 
 
As you all know I love a bargain and what better than on Decembers issue of Glamour magazine.
A snip at £2, especially when Nails Inc Nail Varnish is firmly stuck on the front. 4 different colours to collect and to stop myself from buying 4 copies, I spent about 30 mins in Morrisons deciding my favorite. After much delibaration I chose Motcomb Street. In the supermarket light it looked very dark almost black but I could see another colour in it. Looking through the plastic celephane of the magazine and the little box it was in, I was that intrigued that decided this was the one I was taking home and inspecting further.
And i was right, in some lights it looks green and in others blue.
Ive taken 2 pics one with a flash and one without but I cant get a picture of it looking green the light and the camera just cant pick up what my eyes can see, I hope its not just me and other fellow bloggers can see the green otherwise its time to go to specsavers.

As you can see the colour is quite different with the flash.
This picture only has 2 coats on the nail, I think it could do with a 3rd coat. But then the darker you go, you tend to loose the colours in it and ends up looking like another black nail varnish. I for one really like this colour for winter.
 
So already extremly delighted with my new cheap cheap cheap Nails Inc Nail Varnish I decide to have a flick through the magazine with my cuppa.
Now I love a free sample to was chuffed to bits when I cam across this little beauty wedged neatly between the fashion pages...........
Maxfactor FaceFinity All day flawless
This sample comes in the Natural shade 50. This foundation claims to be a 3 in 1. Primer,concealer and foundation.
Now I have done a review on Maxfactor foundations before when I was doing research for Savvyme and picked to test the Ageless Elixir foundation. I did like that foundation at first, but after a few uses found it became greasy, although I soon managed to avoid that just by using a little less.
I like the coverage of the FaceFinity. I can definately see the concealer side to it as I use it on my face, (i'm applying with a Benefit foundation brush) I also like the coverage of the foundation and think it gives an even glow over the skin. I like a matt look so I use one of my faves (featured in an earlier post) Boots Natural Collection Loose Powder, and found that I didnt need much of it which is a bonus as I dont like the caked foundation/powder look. I wore it on a night out and after perusing the pictures of said night (we wont talk about it too much (ouch)) my make up looked pretty good.Ive also worn it today, and its still keeping a good coverage. Now like most Maxfactor Foundations I would say this has got to be in the region of £10.99-12.99 ish, do I like it that much to buy it? I'll let you know when I next go shopping for foundation. But an all round good product.
 

2 comments:

  1. Ah I got Motcombe Street too and am very impressed the formulation is spot on and it has such a shine! If you can get hold of the glitter one it looks gorgeous over the top. I have just done an accent nail but I imagine it would look good on all nails!

    Becky

    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the pink version of this :) xxx

    ReplyDelete