Beauty Blog, News and Reviews, Beauty Box Reviews and Product Testing.

Monday 7 November 2011

Boudoir Prive Box September Tried and Tested!!

Right so I know its really late on the reveal of the Boudoir Prive Box, from September, but Ive actually sampled all of the items in the box now so I'm going to tell you what I think.

Item 1 Tropic Skincare, Body Smooth
This product is from the Skin Care Range from Susan Ma from this years Apprentice. The range is 100 % natural. Body smooth is enriched with nourishing Sea Minerals, Jojoba and Macadamia Oil.
How to use it: This is what it says on the Boudoir Prive booklet that comes with every box:
Rub into dry hands for 20 seconds, rinse with warm water and pat dry.
This product smells devine, really tropical (clue is in the title) and has an oily gritty scrub consistancey.
I really liked this product the smell is great and stays in your skin and I found my hands to be noticable smooth and softer than usual. I dont really suffer from dry skin, so this product wouldnt really be for me bit can definately see the benefits from it.
Did I mention I liked the smell... A lot. The full size product is £19.95 for 200ml
I don't think I would buy this product as I think its a bit expensive and as I don't suffer from dry skin its a bit redundant on me. But a great product none the less.

Item 2 Agent Provocateur L'Agent
Now I'm not a massive fan of perfume samples in the Beauty Box, as its quite a personal thing and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, but this one is a fairly expensive one.
I actually like this one it reminds of Coco Chanel, but slighty lighter and fruiter, but definate Coco undertones.
£70.00 100ml £50.00 50ml

Item 3 Macadamia Hair Repair.
This product is a full size product. Its an oil treatment for the hair. Suitable for all hair types.
Its says that overnight treatment will get best results. I left the oil on my hair for about 4 hours.
It again smells great and my hair was noticeably much softer afterwards. I liked it so much Ive continued to use it and have now run out. So I really liked it and would consider buying it.
10ml is £5.95 or 125ml £29.95


Boudoir Prive October Box

Item 4 Cargo Cosmetics Boogie Nights Eye Pencil Blue.
This item usually comes in a set of five but I.m not sure what the other colours are.
This one is a blue pencil with silver glitter in it.
I'm not a huge fan of glittery eye make up unless your at a Christmas Party, but I tried it out anyway.
I have to say I didn't think that it went on very well and had to go over the same bit over and over again to produce some kind of colour. Even after that you couldn't really tell I had a blue shade on my eye. So I'd say it was very subtle.
As it is a set of five I would say that it is good value for money, but I would have to see the other colours.
Pack of Five for £13.00

Item 5 Zoya Nail Polish in Jem
This product is a full size product.
Jem is a reddy purple pink shimmery colour. I'm not keen on that colour on my nails, so it was relegated to a toe nail polish.
I tried it on my toes, I actually really liked it, good coverage and I only needed to coats and it looked great and lasted without chips until I took it off for the next colour. This product came with the Smoke and Mirrors Swatch which was great to see the other products in the collection. I have to say I know we all didn't get the same colours in my box and I'm very jealous as I would have loved to get one of the other darker ones like Tao or Codie. 
7.5ml £9.95

Item 6 Colbert MD Nourish Eye Cream
So apparently this eye cream is used by HRH Kate Middleton and Sienna Miller. So the booklet guide says to apply round and under eyes at night.
It is a nice light eye cream. Not think or oily when on, which I like. It says it reduced puffiness and dark circles and I do need that, have used it for a couple of days, I've not noticed a massive difference but I will persevere with it, as if its good enough for our future queen its good enough for me. Although I wont be buying this product at £90.00 for 15ml...Ouch

Item 7 Mai Couture Blot and Bronze
This is a little extra thing they chucked in, its not listed on  the booklet, It comes with 2 sheets of blotting paper and you use it like normal face blotting paper, but instead of being blank it has a bronzer on it. Great product for slipping in your handbag on a night out for those awkward shiny moments.

So there is the October Boudoir Prive Box, Hope you like my findings, let me know if you got anything different or what you liked about the samples....













No comments:

Post a Comment